[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Dec 05, 2016
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 5 16:49:44 UTC 2016
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Craig Mattocks
No new issues.
No new issues.
1. There will be a WCOSS production switch tomorrow, Tuesday, December 6th,
from Orlando, FL (Gyre/Surge) to Reston, VA (Tide/Luna) for security
patching (Dirty COW, etc.).
2. NCO network engineers upgraded the NCEP network to 100G last week. Today
a new WAN router will be installed in Reston and some firewall work will be
performed. During the week of December 12th, a 30-60 minute disruption may
occur when equipment is upgraded in Orlando as part of the project. NCO is
evaluating the new performance levels and is adjusting throttling to
maximize data throughput.
3. At 21 UTC yesterday, the NCEP Real Time Data Monitoring System (RTDM)
detected a drop in the amount of high-resolution GOES soundings and
radiances that were received and assimilated into the GFS (82.6% of normal)
and NAM (64.5% of normal). The dataflow returned to normal after 00 UTC
1. RFC #211 - ksh, Gempak/N-AWIPS v1.1.0 - Update TAFB's High Wind and Seas
graphical product generation Gempak Korn shell scripts to trim/shrink the
northern extent of the domain. This change, requested by the TAFB Chief,
will bring the High Wind domain into better alignment with TAFB's AOR (area
of responsibility). To be implemented on Monday, December 5 at 1500Z (10 am
2. RFC #2644 - Pull in ASCAT data from the the Domestic Data Service (DDS),
write it to disk (on the Compute Farm, at the request of the National
Centers) and send it to NHC systems. To be implemented on Thursday,
December 8 at 1500Z (10 am EST).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts