[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Tue Aug 30, 2016
nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 30 14:42:58 UTC 2016
Here is today's summary of NHC computer operations:
--- Craig Mattocks
1. GFE/NCP Problems: The TAFB Marine Weather Discussion (MIM) formatter is
adding the word "warning" behind "tropical storm". TSB AWIPS SysAdmin Chris
Mello will investigate.
2. Miscellaneous Items: The tropical wave diagnostic data is old. TSB will
1. The Psurge production job submitted at 0850 UTC this morning for TD Nine
failed due to an error in the "NHC track checker" QC program, which had not
been updated to account for additional columns (genesis information) in the
ATCF Best Track data files. The ecFlow production script
expsurge_nhctrk.sh.ecf was modified to cut all data beyond column #29
(storm depth), which enabled Psurge to run successfully.
2. GOES-E Rapid Scanning Operations (RSO) have been extended. From the
0107Z - NHC's John and Stacy requested GOES-E extended RSO
run for monitoring of several tropical concerns during the next
few days..in CWD during the period. NHC request to begin 0314z
and run until 03/0614z. Approved.. ESPC also noted the fall
eclipse periods would be in play during 0314z until 0514z
approx. Followed up with a NOUS42 message to the field relaying
this information. RSO will continue until 03/0614z.
1. NHC's Wiki collaboration software was updated by NCO, but became
inaccessible due to the ownership being set incorrectly. NCO fixed this
problem by changing the owner of the docuwiki directories to 'apache'
(Apache web server) using the command:
chown -R apache:apache docuwiki
2. The Critical Weather Day (CWD) period has been extended until 00Z
Tuesday, Sept. 6th due to tropical activity in multiple regions:
3. JPL has informed the tropical meteorological community that on Friday,
August 19, the RapidScat scatterometer onboard the International Space
Station (ISS) shut down due to a power system anomaly of unknown origin.
The Columbus ISS module, to which RapidScat is attached, also lost power
but has since been restored. RapidScat will remain deactivated as the
investigation proceeds. Any possible return to normal operations is
unlikely to occur soon.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts