[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri Aug 26, 2016

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 26 19:05:58 UTC 2016

--- Mark

The TAFB NDFD grids are now updating. Once TAFB notified the SDM, the
information worked its way up the chain to get this fixed.
HSU:
We are still troubleshooting the WCOSS version of TCGI.

In the off chance AL99 develops over the weekend, we will try to do the
15-21 UTC and 21-03 UTC National TCV tests. Chris Mello and/or Dave
Zelinsky will be available to assist. We won't plan to do the 03-09 and
09-15 UTC National TCV tests, but HSU will still need to run the pre-TCV
for all cycles if possible so the WFOs can do their part of the new process.

Morris Bender indicated that the GFDL and HWRF have been using
climatological Gulf of Mexico ocean parameters, which may be causing
over-intensification of AL99, since the mixed layer along the HWRF forecast
track is shallower than climatology. The files with the current data were
updated late this afternoon, so the 00 UTC run tonight (Aug 27th) may show
a less intensification in the Gulf of Mexico than the 18 UTC run.
Other items:
Download speed may still be a little slow over the weekend especially
during times when we are downloading multiple HWRF runs.