[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Mon Aug 22, 2016

TSB Admin nhc.tsbadmin at noaa.gov
Mon Aug 22 13:09:57 UTC 2016

--- Mark

Meteosat and GOES-W images were missing from about 00 to 01 UTC Sunday
evening. The SDM confirmed the problems were at NESDIS and upstream from
there. GOES-east was not affected since we are getting those from our local
ingest. The local GOES-west ingest has too many dropouts, so that was
switched to the NESDIS feed. Mark submitted an NCO helpdesk ticket to see
if we can restore our local
GOES-West ingest.

NWPS has not updated since 15 UTC on 18 Aug. Chris Mello and Craig will
investigate.

There were some problems with the non-SBN dataflow due to improper purging
of data. Chris Mello will investigate.

HSU:
HSU reported the same satellite issues as TAFB.

The kwrite editor in the ATCF crashed while writing the 12 UTC TWO Sunday
morning. Probably not much we can do now, but we are still trying to
replace it.

The system clocks on two of the ATCF workstations are a little off. An NCO
helpdesk ticket has been submitted to fix the problem.

There were some problems with the TCGI genesis probability model for AL90
Sunday evening. Mark will follow up.

RFC 196 - Migration of time-height cross sections off Mike Brennan's
workstation to operational compute servers so TSB can better support them.
To be implemented 8/22.