[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] NHC's GOES-W antenna movement

Mark DeMaria - NOAA Federal mark.demaria at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 18 13:29:08 UTC 2016

Greg:

We were able to move the antenna in elevation today. Here is what we did.

1) Changed EL RESP Timeout to 4.0 s
2) Attempted to jog, no effect
3) Hitting enter while on the jog page
4) "timeout" message disappeared, and we were able to change the elevation.
We moved it up a few degrees and then back down.
Also, Dave took a picture to show the location of the timeout message we
were getting, which is attached.

Mark

P.S. Moving the antenna seemed to agitate the bees a little.