[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - THU Nov 19, 2015

Christopher Mello - NOAA Federal christopher.mello at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 19 14:47:05 UTC 2015

A summary of NHC computer operations.

AWIPS2 system back to normal after EDEX hardware refresh.

Chris
-----

TAFB:

    TSB fixed the problems with AWIPS2 PILS that effected the TCM wind tool
in GFE AWIPS2 after the hardware DX3-6 upgrade. AWIPS2 appears to running
normally.

   They changed the baseline in 15.1.1 to remove the warning banner for
non-warning products in the AWIPS2 text editor. This surprised me (It was
not in the 15.1.1 release notes).  NCF is looking into this for me.

   The word wrap issues in the AWIPS2 text editor are a part of baseline
DR.  Chris will try to find a time line for a fix.

HSU:

Matt fixed the issues with the zooming capability of cone graphics. GEMPAK
defined the time zone as the MST zone.

ASCAT-B processing caused a gap in a swath near TD-21E.The gaps appeared on
the NESDIS web site (not a local issue). Thus, the issue appeared to
orginate from  NESDIS or EUMETSAT.

Other issues: