[Ncep.nhc.nco_contacts] TSB Morning Rounds - Fri Dec 11, 2015

Monica Bozeman - NOAA Federal monica.bozeman at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 11 16:28:40 UTC 2015

All,

The Warehouse server has become unresponsive and has gone down.
Forecaster impacts include the following:

 -- HSU's 1 year TCR archive of Sat and Obs data is lost unless we can get
the system back.

IT impacts include the following:

 -- TSB's regular backups of the linux workstations is lost until we can
get the system back.

Since this is the 3rd time that warehouse has gone down, TSB has learned
our lesson and moved the critical processes off of warehouse. Therefore the
forecaster impacts are minimal this go-around.

TSB will keep you posted on further developments.

Monica

monica.bozeman at noaa.gov
<http://www.wdtb.noaa.gov/badges/monica.bozeman>