[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WWIII Developer Meeting, Wed. Sept 26th 10:30am ET

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Federal jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 25 13:56:54 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick reminder that we will have the development call tomorrow.  The
main topics will be the status of the public release, possibility of using
gitflow as a development tool and the public release on github.  The
meeting details are below.

Wednesday, September 26th

10:30 am Eastern

Join By Phone

877-953-0315

1262920#

Before the meeting:

   -

   Please update any issues you have on the redmine page (closing them if
   they have been merged back into the master), see for issues assigned to
   you:
   https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/issues?query_id=259
   -

   Have an idea of a time line for any remaining features or bug fixes for
   the public release.
   -

   If you cannot attend the meeting, please send me the status/projected
   time line for any remaining to-do’s for the public release.

Agenda:

   -

   Discussion of releasing the next public release via github and further
   development.
   -

   Using gitflow (https://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/)
    for future WW3 development
   -

   Time line for public release
   -

   Status of Projects for Public Release (
   https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/roadmap)
   -

      6.XX Namelist for remaining programs
      -

      6.XX Bit reproducibility
      -

      6.XX Memory management
      -

      6.XX Directional Singularity at NPole
      -

      6.XX BT Output
      -

      6.XX GFDL FMS coupling
      -

      6.XX Bug Fixes and Documentation
      -

         Time to start sending in documentation.
         -

         Change name of aux folder.  Any suggestions/objections? See issue:
         46439 <https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/issues/46439>
         -

      ESMF unstructured mesh
      -

   Clean up branches: We need the names of branches that have been
   reintegrated to the master so that we can delete them.
   -

   Open discussion

Best,
Jessica