[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WWIII Developer Meeting, Wed. Feb 21 10:30am ET

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Federal jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 14 21:33:52 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

We will have our developer meeting next Wednesday, March 21st at 10:30am
ET.  The call-in information and agenda is below. *BEFORE THE MEETING,
please look over the milestones we have for v6 below and help update them
as necessary.*  In addition to reviewing milestones and progress for v6, we
will be discussing VLab and code management topics such as who gets access
to the VLab repository and conclude with a presentation by Bash
(presentation will be sent out before the meeting next week).

Wednesday, Feb. 21st

10:30am Eastern *Note the US is now in DST as of Sunday 3/11

Join By Phone:

877-953-0315

1262920#

Agenda:

* Code management (access, best practices, etc.)

* Status of projects intended for next public release (please see more
details below).

* Presentation on by Bash Toulany on some preliminary results on “Testing
TSA & FBI performances with ST4 physics over Global grid”

* Open discussion

As a reminder completed milestones for version 6 are:

6.01 Separates Stokes drift spectrum calculation (US3D) from OUTG and
provides new option to output surface Stokes drift partitioned into
run-time defined frequencies (USSP).

6.02 Add new module for ESMF interface

6.03 Adds a capability to update restart file’s total energy based on
independent significant wave height analysis.

*Remaining milestones for v6*

Roadmap: https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/roadmap

* 6.XX Implicit scheme with domain decomposition
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1251>

* 6.XX Namelist format for input files
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1353>

* 6.XX Address directional singularity at North Pole
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1214>

* 6.XX Bit Reproducibility
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1381>

* 6.XX Bug Fixes and Documentation
<https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/versions/1380>

  This is a catch all for all non-milestone bug fixes and documentation
updates.

If your planned milestone for v6 is not in the above list, add it by going
to https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/versions/new making
sure to add the name  "6.XX short description".

If you have an update that is not a versioned milestone, but is planned for
v6 make sure it is an issue (List of current issues:
https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/issues). If you have an
issue and it should be tracked for v6 make sure in the issue that the
“target version” is associated with your milestone or the “6.XX Bug Fixes
and Documentation” for it to be tracked as part of the v6 updates.  If you
need to create a new issue, go here:
https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/issues/new

If your update is not a milestone or an issue we will not track it for v6,
please add it as soon as possible as this will be our method for tracking
progress towards the v6 public release which we will target for
October/November 2018.

Best,
Jessica

--