[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WWIII Notes - Weds, Jun 20, 2018

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Federal jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Wed Jun 20 21:34:26 UTC 2018

WWIII Notes - Weds, June 20, 2018

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who joined us today, where we got to learn from Mickael
about the new updates for w3_setenv, w3_automake and the new namelist
features for input files which I know many of us are very excited about!
    If any of you missed the meeting, his presentations have some how-to’s
that you might be interested in checking out. We will all be looking
forward to Mickael’s updates for namelist options for ww3_grid & other
programs later this summer.

Updates on Public Release:

   -

   Bit reproducibility: The fix for the mww3_test_03 (MPI barriers that
   slow the code down 1.5-2x) did not fix the bit reproducibility issue for
   the full NCEP multi set-up.
   -

   No other updates this time, but we should still be on track for the
   public release in November.

Alpha release:

   -

   Ali, Mickael and Fabrice are all working on the last bug fixes for the
   alpha release.  This is being done in the “alphafixes” branch. The alpha
   release should be going out soon.

Other announcements:

   -

   No meeting in July
   -

   Next meeting will be August 15th, if we do not have any presentations we
   will tag-up on progress towards v6 public release.
   -

   Let me know if you have any presentation ideas.
   -

   Ali Abdolali (ali.abdolali at noaa.gov) will be helping with
   code-management for WW3.

As always let Ali or me know if you have any issues (or use the redmine
issues: https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3/issues/new and
add myself and Ali as watchers so we will see it). Also I just sent out the
notes from last month too.

Best,

Jessica

--