[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WW3 Git Repo!!!!

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 13 20:23:53 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

The WW3 Git repo on VLab with Gerrit code review is ready to go! I have run
all the regtests and everything looks good so far.  Please let me know as
soon as possible if you find anything wrong with the repo.  So I'm sure you
are thinking.. now what? I have attached a document in attempts to help
with that.  It goes through the following:
1. Set-up/configuration -- required for each machine you want to connect to
the repo on
2. Cloning basics
3. Helpful hints/websites
4. Some notes on the transition
5. General git basics/workflow

*Don't have a VLab account and want one?* -- send me your name,
institution, email, and phone number

For those who have a VLab account, you can see our "trac" page which is on
redmine here:
https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/projects/emc-ww3

*Have a VLab account but can't clone the repo?* --  sign into
https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/code-review/ and then let me know so I can add
you to the WW3 project.

Have questions?  Email me.  I know there will be lots so I will also plan
on our next call will be all about GIT and anything else you want to
discuss:

*Development Call Topic: GIT!  Wednesday, October 18th 10:30am  Eastern *

*Join By Phone: 877-953-0315 1262920# *

*Screen Share Access --- We are going to try Google video: *
https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/noaa.gov/ww3-development?hceid=amVzc2ljYS5tZWl4bmVyQG5vYWEuZ292.4otkmt3qhsriqg3etbutpu04j9&authuser=0
* If you know google video will not work for you. Let me know!

Best,
Jessica

--
Jessica Meixner