[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] WWIII Developer Meeting Minutes -- Wed Sept 7th 2016

Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate jessica.meixner at noaa.gov
Wed Sep 7 21:06:06 UTC 2016

WWIII Notes -- Wed Sept 7th 2016

Hi Everyone,

We are still on track for the public release at the end of the month.  To
make that happen, we are requesting any remaining documentation by the end
of next week.  The last major edition will be extreme waves, which has one
last minor issue to fix before being it will be reintegrated into the
trunk.   The remaining code/bug/branch integrations include the following:

   1.

   Bugfixes2 branch
   2.

   Bugfixes branch
   3.

   Out_st branch
   4.

   Icesct branch
   5.

   system tracking optimization
   6.

   Doc_edits branch
   7.

   Fix issues with running on Cray
   8.

   Move the larger files outside of the WW3/model folder
   9.

   Add w3_clean -r option
   10.

   IF (logicalflag1.eq..true..or.logicalflag2.eq..true) → IF
   (logicalflag1.or.logicalflag2)

If you have code/bug/branches that need to be reintegrated into the trunk
and are not on the list above please let me know as soon as possible.   As
soon as these additions are in the trunk I will run a final set of
regression tests.

At the meeting Servesh Muralidharan gave a presentation introducing the
optimization project he and Michael Lysaght from Irish Center for High End
Computing (ICHEC).  The project’s overarching goal is to  enable and
optimize Wavewatch for 2nd Generation Intel Xeon Phi-based (code name
Knights Landing) systems (self bootable processors – not co-processors).
We will be creating a sub-group, which is open to anyone interested in
joining, to help facilitate this optimization work from the WW3 community.  If
you would like to be added to this list please let me know.  The current
list is Erick, Frederic, Tim, Mickael, Fabrice, Henrique, Arun, Will, and
Bash.

Best,

Jessica

--