[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] IMPORTANT: Please check manual section 1.4 for your contributions!!!

Fabrice Ardhuin ardhuin at ifremer.fr
Mon Nov 14 15:51:57 UTC 2016

Hi to all,
I generally agree with these ...
case 2) corresponds for example to Mike Foreman's T-Tide package and P.
Janssen 2nd order spectrum routines. Both were in Fortran (including F66
for Foreman ... that was ... interesting...) and I just adjusted these
and interfaced them with WW3. So they are now co-authors.

    1) When code is relying on papers by others, do those "others" get
    entered into Section 1.4? For example work by Komen and the
    Hasselmanns is ST1: do the three of them get entered?

No. They can refer to the papers in the manual section corresponding to
that development but they are not involved in some way with the code

    2) When code is two steps removed from WW3. Example: Dr. A provides
    matlab code to Dr. B and Dr. B implements it in Fortran in Model X
    and Dr. C takes that code and ports it to WW3. Is Dr. A included in
    Section 1.4?

Drs B and C yes because they are both associated with the code. Going a
further level is too much

    3) If a Professor A closely supervises the coding of a new WW3
    routine by Student B, does Professor A get included in Section 1.4?

Yes because both are involved in the development (even if in an advising
role)

> Arun Chawla
> Chief
> Marine Modelling & Analysis Branch
> Room 2109
> National Center for Weather & Climate Prediction
> 5830 University Research Court
> College Park, MD 20740
> Ph: 301-683-3740
> Fx: 301-683-3703
>

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 9:39 AM, Jessica Meixner - NOAA Affiliate
> <jessica.meixner at noaa.gov <mailto:jessica.meixner at noaa.gov>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Everyone,
>
>     _*IMPORTANT:*_ *Please check and confirm your contributions are
>     accounted* *for in Section 1.4* */by Wednesday/* /*before our
>     monthly call*/ as it appears we have unintentionally left out some
>     contributions.  Please update and add any changes to the doc_edits
>     branch or send me an email directly. We will update the manual for
>     the public release Wednesday afternoon. During the monthly call we
>     will also discuss how the manual will be referenced, so please
>     join us.
>
>     In addition to discussing the reference of the manual, we will
>     discuss and set plans for version 6 of WAVEWATCH III. If you have
>     a development project that you plan on going into the next
>     version, please add it as a milestone on the roadmap wiki page.
>
>     _MONTHLY WAVEWATCH III CALL _*
>     *
>     Wednesday, November 16  at 10:30am EDT
>     (Note Daylight savings ended in the US on November 6th)
>
>     JOIN BY PHONE
>     877-953-0315 <tel:877-953-0315>
>     1262920#
>
>     JOIN WEBEX MEETING
>     https://docsib.webex.com/docsib/j.php?MTID=mbb3812f0135aea4de0742490d0b4838b
>     <https://docsib.webex.com/docsib/j.php?MTID=mbb3812f0135aea4de0742490d0b4838b>
>     Meeting number: 622 584 167
>
>     AGENDA
>     1.  Discuss how the user manual will be referenced.
>     2.  Set plans for version 6: We will discussed what we missed for
>     version 5 and what everyone one has planned for version 6.
>
>     Please let me know if anyone has any questions.
>
>     Best,
>     Jessica
>
>     --
>     Jessica Meixner
>     IMSG Support Scientist
>     NCEP/EMC Marine Modeling and Analysis Branch
>     NOAA Center for Weather and Climate Prediction

                       Fabrice Ardhuin
directeur, Laboratoire d'Océanographie Physique et Spatiale
   chair, Lab. of Ocean Physics and Satellite oceanography
UMR 6523 CNRS-IFREMER-IRD-UBO, IUEM  http://www.umr-lops.fr/
   Ifremer, ZI Pointe du Diable, CS10070, 29280 Plouzané
                 Phone: (33) 2 90 91 55 20
--
  Groupe de recherche sur les états de mer: http://wwz.ifremer.fr/iowaga