[Ncep.list.wwatch3.discussion-group] Reminder : WAVEWATCH III meeting

Arun Chawla - NOAA Federal arun.chawla at noaa.gov
Tue Sep 2 15:20:33 UTC 2014

Hi everyone

Just a reminder that we are kick starting the WAVEWATCH III monthly
meetings with the first one starting tomorrow. Details are below

*Sep 3 10:30 - 11:30 a.m. EDT*

Logistics details are

1. Go to meeting via

https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/584916085
Meeting ID: 584-916-085

2. Join the conference call:
877-577-6071
3124918#

There are many new emails to this group since the last time we had these
meetings. So we shall start with a bit of an introduction and then go from
there.

As a bit of a background, WAVEWATCH III (as most of you know) has
transitioned from being a code that was just developed at NCEP to becoming
a community model, to which all of you are major contributors. The
guidelines that we follow are as follows :
  1. The code is maintained through an svn server hosted at NCEP, in which
all of you should have  accounts. If not please let me know by tomorrow and
I will start the paper work to get those accounts moving. We do insist that
all code development happen via svn. That is the only way we can manage
code development.
  2. Your individual works are done in branches,and we follow a code of
honour that everyone respect each other's  scientific proprietary rights
(for want of a better phrase). Once you are ready to share your work with
the rest of the community then please let us know and we will work to get
your branch into the trunk. Once your code is in the trunk then it will get
distributed to everyone. So you should be ready for that.

There is more but I do not want this to become a long lecture. We will all
learn as we proceed. As a final note,  if there are some people that I am
missing on this mailing list please let me know and I will add them.

Arun Chawla
Research Physical Scientist
Room 2101
National Center for Weather & Climate Prediction
5830 University Research Court
College Park, MD 20740
Ph: 301-683-3740
Fx: 301-683-3703