[Ncep.list.outagereports] NCEP Daily Outage Report for 05/29/2015

NOAA SDM sdm at noaa.gov
Fri May 29 09:38:28 UTC 2015

All

Disk issues on our supercomputer over night caused a slowdown of dataflow
on the system.  Certain jobs run during the 0430Z-0630Z timeframe ran with
a lack of input data and/or late...this included the RAP, HRRR, lamp, 00Z
GEFS, and 03 SREF.  At 0630Z we switched NCEP model production to our
backup supercomputer to mitigate the issue.  The 06Z NAM ran late, but with
a full set of data.  Things were fully back on track in time for the 06Z
GFS.  IBM is investigating the slow disk issue.

--
Senior Duty Meteorologist
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/PMB