[Ncep.list.nws-ncep-management] Scheduled NESDIS DDS routine maintenance did not go as planned

NOAA SDM sdm at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 7 20:13:42 UTC 2017

All,

At 1530Z today, NESDIS performed schedule routine maintenance of their Data
Distribution Server (DDS).  However, their DDS would not come back up
during the routine maintenance reboot.  A corrupt root partition is not
allowing for system administrators to properly troubleshoot.  NESDIS system
administrators are conferring with IBM to troubleshoot this issue and do
not know, at this time, when the issue will be resolved.

Operational impacts include a reduction of available satellite data for
model ingest.  So far, the 18Z NAM is running with a reduced amount of
satellite data.  If the DDS outage continues, the 18Z GFS will run with a
reduced amount of satellite data as well.

We will continue to provide updates as we receive them.

Reginald Ready

--
Senior Duty Meteorologist
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/OMB