[Ncep.list.nws-ncep-management] NCEP/NCO Core Router Maintenance Notification

NOAA SDM sdm at noaa.gov
Mon Apr 24 15:38:10 UTC 2017

NCO will be performing upgrades on the core Internet routers in College
Park, MD on Wednesday, April 26, 2017.  Please be prepared for intermittent
Internet and NCEP network outages, and associated effects on systems
throughout the maintenance window.

Start Date-Time: 4/26/2017 1015 UTC (6:15 am ET)

Stop Date-Time: 4/26/2017 2015 UTC (4:15 pm ET)

The period of definite impact to users will be 1015 UTC (6:15 am ET) to
1120 UTC (7:20 am ET).  We do not expect a complete outage for the full 50
minutes, but rather intermittent outages of various services during this
window.  There will be a second period of potential impact from 1900 UTC
(3pm ET) to 2015 UTC (4:15 pm ET).  The work during this 75 minutes should
not result in any outages, but it is a high risk period of work that we
want users to be aware of.

NCO will send updates throughout the maintenance window, including when we
are starting and ending the periods where we anticipate impact to users,
and the afternoon high risk period where impact is possible.  If you have
questions or concerns during the maintenance period, please contact the NCO
Senior Duty Meteorologist (SDM) at sdm at noaa.gov or 301-683-1500.

NCO is including our detailed project plan with this notification.  Times
are subject to adjustment once the work has begun.

--
Senior Duty Meteorologist
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/OMB