[Ncep.list.nws-ncep-management] IDP College Park connection problem

NOAA SDM sdm at noaa.gov
Wed Dec 7 06:26:06 UTC 2016


Around 18Z (1pm EST) Tuesday,  a scheduled network change at NCWCP resulted
in problems connecting and distributing data to/from numerous IDP College
Park applications, websites, and services. NCO network and systems support
personnel continue to troubleshoot the problem. In the meantime, several
IDP applications have been failed over from College Park to our alternate
data center at DSRC Boulder.

At this time, the NCO network and systems support have completed their work
on the routers associated with  the network change and team has completed
their testing successfully and systems have been restored.

IDP apps and sites which include NWSTG, iNWS, Enterprise GIS, IRIS,
NowCOAST, vLab, and Chart Tile are currently close to being restored or are
operational once again.

Dataflow to AWIPS OPCN/HPCN were also impacted and NCO support is waiting
on NCF support to resume troubleshooting efforts to resolve the remaining
issues from Tuesday's
network problems.

Other IDP applications including MAG, NOMADS, FTPPRD, MADIS, and MRMS are
operating normally from Boulder and have been stable for the past 6hrs or
more.

SDM Grant Newby

On 7 December 2016 at 03:47, NOAA SDM <sdm at noaa.gov> wrote:

> FYI -
>
> The problem with the College Park IDP network impacting access to IDP apps
> housed at NCWCP is recovering now.   The outage (somewhat intermittently)
> was from 18Z to 03Z (1pm to 10pm EST).  The root cause was a problem with
> one of the core routers.  NCO continues to look over data from this event
> and is focused on ways to recover more quickly from this type of event and
> a deeper look will take place on Wednesday.
>
> Impacts included:
> - Numerous IDP applications and websites, many were failed over to Boulder
> during event
> - WFOs had trouble getting 00Z raob data to NCEP, down 18 raobs from
> across the U.S. for GFS
> - NCEP centers had trouble sending some graphical products and receiving
> certain data sets
>
> Both College Park and Boulder IDP systems are functioning now.
>
> Rob Handel
>
> On 6 December 2016 at 22:52, NOAA SDM <sdm at noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> FYI -
>>
>> Around 18Z (1pm EST) today a scheduled network change at NCWCP resulted
>> in problems connecting and distributing data to/from numerous IDP College
>> Park applications, websites, and services. NCO network and systems support
>> personnel continue to troubleshoot the problem. In the meantime, several
>> IDP applications have been failed over from College Park to our alternate
>> data center at DSRC Boulder.
>>
>> At this time, IDP apps and sites that continue to be affected include
>> NWSTG, iNWS, Enterprise GIS, IRIS, NowCOAST, vLab, and Chart Tile.
>> Dataflow to AWIPS OPCN is also impacted.
>>
>> Other IDP applications including MAG, NOMADS, FTPPRD, MADIS, and MRMS are
>> operating normally from Boulder.
>>
>> We'll keep you updated.
>>
>> Rob Handel
>>
>> --
>> Senior Duty Meteorologist
>> NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/OMB
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Senior Duty Meteorologist
> NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/OMB
>



-- 
Senior Duty Meteorologist
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/OMB
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: https://www.lstsrv.ncep.noaa.gov/pipermail/ncep.list.nws-ncep-management/attachments/20161207/6b2e1623/attachment.html 


More information about the Ncep.list.nws-ncep-management mailing list