[Ncep.list.nos-nowcoast-status] NOAA/NOS nowCOAST Status Message

Thu Sep 13 15:44:01 UTC 2018

NOAA/NOS nowCOAST Status Message
11:35 AM EDT Thu Sept. 13, 2018

Due to heavy web traffic, many of nowCOAST's map services are experiencing
 very slow map generation response times today  The heavy web traffic is
expected to continue for the rest of today and Friday due to the tropical
cyclone threats to the Eastern U.S. and PR.

Please report any problems with nowCOAST to nowcoast.team at noaa.gov during
regular business hours and to sdm at noaa.gov with cc to nowcoast.team at noaa.gov
 during non-business hours.

In the coming weeks,  we will be investigating potential solutions to
increase our capacity to improve map response times during future
significant weather/oceanographic events.

Thank you for your patience.

John Kelley
NOAA/NOS/CSDL/CMMB