[Ncep.list.nos-nowcoast-status] NOAA nowCOAST Status Message - MRMS Upgrde in Progress - Impacts

Thu May 10 17:07:59 UTC 2018

NOAA nowCOAST Status Message
1:00 PM EDT Thursday, May 10, 2018

The NWS-NSSL Multi-Radar/Multi-Sensor System (MRMS) is being upgraded to
V11.5.x today in the IDP facility in Boulder, CO.

Impacts to nowCOAST:

1) MRMS Radar-Only Quantitative Precipitation Estimates (QPE) are not
updating

2) NWS Weather Radar Reflectivity Mosaics are not updating

NCO reports that MRMS will likely be unavailable for the rest of today due
to the upgrade work. There is no firm ETA for the completion of the MRMS
upgrade and thus the restoration of QPEs and weather radar mosaics on
nowCOAST.  We will send out another status message when we receive an ETA.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

John Kelley
nowCOAST Team
NOAA/NOS/CSDL/CMMB