[Ncep.list.nos-nowcoast-status] NOAA/NOS nowCOAST Status Message

Thu Aug 27 19:26:40 UTC 2015

NOAA/NOS nowCOAST Status Message
3:30 PM EDT Thursday, August 27, 2015

The present NOAA/NOS' ArcIMS-based nowCOAST map viewer and map services
will be decommissioned on or about Sept. 22, 2015.

At that time the URL nowcoast.noaa.gov <http://nowcoast.noaa.gov> will
be switched to point to the new ArcGIS Server-based nowCOAST.  *  *The
new nowCOAST is located in NOAA's IDP 24 x 7 high availability GIS
hosting facility operated by NWS/NCEP Central Operations in order to
provide nowCOAST users with higher reliability.

We encourage users to begin testing with our new ArcGIS Server-based map
services available at new.nowcoast.noaa.gov.  The new services provide
both ArcGIS REST and WMS endpoints that can be integrated into your own
applications.  All of the real-time data provided by the new nowCOAST
are available as Time-Enabled map services; however, for those users not
yet capable of interacting with the Time dimension, corresponding
Time-Offsets services are also available for select datasets.

Useful links:
Information about the new nowCOAST map services:
http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/help/#!section=mapservices
<http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/help/#%21section=mapservices>
ArcGIS Server REST Map Services Directory:
http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/arcgis/rest/services/nowcoast
Transition Guide to new
nowCOAST:
http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/help/#!section=transitioning
<http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/help/#%21section=transitioning>
LayerInfo Web Service Help Documentation:
http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/help/#!section=layerinfo
<http://new.nowcoast.noaa.gov/help/#%21section=layerinfo>

Please contact us at nowcoast.team at noaa.gov
<mailto:nowcoast.team at noaa.gov> with your questions, comments and