[Ncep.list.nems.announce] NEMS application moving to GitHub

Shrinivas Moorthi shrinivas.moorthi at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 8 19:01:06 UTC 2019

Hi Ratko,
   I checked out NEMSFv3gfs app, and I don't see my  NEMS branch!
How do I proceed?  This is stopping my work.
Thanks
Moorthi
On 8/8/19 12:34 PM, Ratko Vasic wrote:
> Hello NEMS developers,
>
> Applications (NEMSfv3gfs EMC_FV3-GSDCHEM-WW3 EMC_FV3-MOM6-CICE5
> EMC_FV3GFS-GSDCHEM) have been updated. They are pointing to NEMS on
> GitHub.
>
> -Ratko
>

> On 8/7/2019 9:59 PM, Ratko Vasic wrote:
>> Hello NEMS developers,
>>
>> NEMS transition to GitHub was successful. All applications passed
>> regression tests:
>>
>> https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/rvasic/nems-commit/nems-github/
>>
>> Commit to supported applications (NEMSfv3gfs EMC_FV3-GSDCHEM-WW3
>> EMC_FV3-MOM6-CICE5 EMC_FV3GFS-GSDCHEM) will be _tomorrow (Thursday,
>> 8/8 around noon)_.
>>

>> Thanks Dusan for cutting off long tail of NEMS history (about 10
>> years) and leaving last 2 years (when we switched from svn to
>> git/Vlab). Now NEMS is reduced from _621 to 10MB_.
>>
>> NOTE! We are planing on creating new project for NEMS documentation:
>> NEMS-doc (https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/NEMS-doc), which is pulled out
>> of NEMS project with just source code.
>>
>> From tomorrow, to clone the latest NEMS, you should do:
>> git clone https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/NEMS
>>
>> Applications' (NEMSfv3gfs EMC_FV3-GSDCHEM-WW3 EMC_FV3-MOM6-CICE5
>> EMC_FV3GFS-GSDCHEM) old branches are still pointing to NEMS on Vlab.
>> Once committed, you can update your branches to point to NEMS on
>> GitHub (or leave it as you wish).
>>

>> -Ratko
>>

>> On 8/5/2019 2:54 PM, Ratko Vasic wrote:
>>> Hello NEMS developers,
>>>
>>> today's NEMS commit was the last one done on Vlab. We are going to
>>> move NEMS to the GitHub.
>>> Last NEMS version on Vlab is being tagged as
>>> "nemsfv3gfs_beta_v1.0.19-gsdchem_v0.8.7"
>>>
>>> Will be working on this next couple of days.
>>> Supported applications will be updated to point to
>>> https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/NEMS
>>>

>>> -Ratko
>>>

> --
> Ratko Vasic
> Meteorologist
> 301-683-3814
> National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
> NCEP/EMC,  Room 2791
> NCWCP  W/NP2
> 5830 University Research Court
> College Park, MD  20740-3818

Dr. Shrinivas Moorthi
Research Meteorologist
Modeling and Data Assimilation Branch
Environmental Modeling Center / National Centers for Environmental Prediction
5830 University Research Court - (W/NP23), College Park MD 20740 USA
Tel:(301)683-3718