[Ncep.list.nems.announce] NEMS application moving to GitHub

Ratko Vasic ratko.vasic at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 8 01:59:09 UTC 2019

Hello NEMS developers,

NEMS transition to GitHub was successful. All applications passed
regression tests:

https://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/rvasic/nems-commit/nems-github/

Commit to supported applications (NEMSfv3gfs EMC_FV3-GSDCHEM-WW3
EMC_FV3-MOM6-CICE5 EMC_FV3GFS-GSDCHEM) will be _tomorrow (Thursday, 8/8
around noon)_.

Thanks Dusan for cutting off long tail of NEMS history (about 10 years)
and leaving last 2 years (when we switched from svn to git/Vlab). Now
NEMS is reduced from _621 to 10MB_.

NOTE! We are planing on creating new project for NEMS documentation:
NEMS-doc (https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/NEMS-doc), which is pulled out of
NEMS project with just source code.

 From tomorrow, to clone the latest NEMS, you should do:
git clone https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/NEMS

Applications' (NEMSfv3gfs EMC_FV3-GSDCHEM-WW3 EMC_FV3-MOM6-CICE5
EMC_FV3GFS-GSDCHEM) old branches are still pointing to NEMS on Vlab.
Once committed, you can update your branches to point to NEMS on GitHub
(or leave it as you wish).

-Ratko