[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Impending NEMS commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 28 14:40:49 UTC 2018

Hi all,

The commit is complete.  Please let me know if you  have any problems.

Side-note: from now on, on Jet, Jun and I will only test the t/u Jet.  This
is because we do not have the time nor resources to test all three
generations of Jet processors, so we're testing the "least common
denominator" of all three.  The t/u Jets have the oldest processors, the
least memory per node, and require special care to compile for, because
their instruction set is a proper subset of that of the front-end nodes.
In other words, if your code works on t/u Jet, it works on all jets.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan