[Ncep.list.nems.announce] upcoming NEMS and FMS commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Fri Nov 9 20:11:42 UTC 2018

Hi all,

There is a batch of NEMS and FMS commits coming in soon, focused on WCOSS
Phase 3 support and build system bug fixes.  The changes have already been
fully tested with all apps before today's FV3 commit.  I'm going to have to
re-run the NEMSfv3gfs tests before I can commit, and I don't like Friday
commits.  Thus, the commit will happen sometime next week, probably
Wednesday.

The branch with the changes is dell-produtil in NEMSfv3gfs, NEMS, and
NCEPLIBS_pyprodutil.  Overview of the changes:

1. WCOSS Phase 3 (Dell) support for NEMSCompsetRun and NCEPLIBS_pyprodutil
(tested with NEMSfv3gfs)

2. Portability changes in FMS (WCOSS Phase 3 support requires these)

3. Various build system bug fixes in NEMS/src/incmake

4. Enable an additional NEMSfv3gfs regression test on t & u Jets

I will refrain from giving the detailed, point-by-point, breakdown until
after I retest with the new FV3.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan