[Ncep.list.nems.announce] impending NEMS commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Thu May 10 21:12:12 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I will be committing some long-awaited NEMS changes Monday at 10 AM if I
don't hear back from any naysayers.  The overview of the changes is below.
All tests have passed except a final retest of NEMSfv3gfs on GAEA, which
should finish soon.  (It passed twice, so I don't expect the third to
fail.)  Please let me know if you plan on committing answer-changing
results to a Supported app before then.

1. GAEA support is added to NEMSCompsetRun and NEMSAppBuilder.  The
NEMSfv3gfs compsets all work on GAEA C3 and C4.

2. Jet IMPI support in NEMSfv3gfs, plus support for C768 on Jet.  Both xJet
and the s+v Jet pair are supported and have separate baselines.

3. Pass $CFLAGS down to NEMS C code so we can add uJet and tJet support.
It will be a while before the underlying libraries are recompiled; until
then we cannot support anything on t or u Jet.

4. Add FV3-MOM6-CICE5 to the list of Supported apps.

Relevant locations:

NEMS branch: gaea-support
App branches: gaea-jet-support
URL with test results:

    http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems-commit/gaea-jet-support/

I may not be able to fill in the "GAEA results" box in that website because
GAEA is unable to contact dmzgw right now.  However, the logs will be in
the NEMSfv3gfs gaea-jet-support branch once the tests complete.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan