[Ncep.list.nems.announce] GAEA software and datasets data wiped by admins

George Vandenberghe - NOAA Affiliate george.vandenberghe at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 31 21:53:45 UTC 2018

NCEPLIBS has been rebuilt.  This includes ESMF 7.1r .   Please advise of
any issues using it on Gaea.   The damage from this incident apart from
NCEPLIBS remains enormous.

I will spend some time figuring out how to incrementally back this stuff up
in the future since total filesystem failure and loss (an event with
estimated probability ~0.05/year) is always possible.