[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Comments Requested: Moving FMS out of MOM6 and FV3 repos

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Tue Aug 28 16:02:13 UTC 2018

Rocky/George,

The issue of how to put EMC repos in github while retaining EMC control has
already been solved by NOAA management.  There is a NOAA-EMC area in
github.  I'm using it to do pull requests to GFDL:

    https://github.com/NOAA-EMC/FMS

The master repository is here:

    https://github.com/NOAA-GFDL/FMS

As you can see, GFDL already uses the solution suggested to us by upper
management.

I cannot guess where the repository will be if DTC takes over management.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan

>>> Ncep.list.nems.announce at lstsrv.ncep.noaa.gov