[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Upcoming NEMS Commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 24 12:27:55 UTC 2018

Hi all,

All tests passed... after two more fixes.  The branches will be committed
Wednesday at 4 PM Eastern.  Again, the branches of all apps are
coupled-test-1, and the NEMS branch is multi-app-test.  (The "coupling"
branch was merged into "multi-app-test.")

The branches have two more fixes to get the apps working:

1. The NEMSfv3gfs tests now have a 45 minute wallclock limit on WCOSS Phase
1 and Phase 2.

2. A bug fix was added to NEMSAppBuilder to prevent it from picking a
different *.appBuilder file than was requested.  There was a logic error in
the scripts, where a regular expression comparison (=~) was used instead of
an equality comparison (==).  This occasionally broke the NEMSGSM build
because standaloneGSM%gocart.appBuilder was used when standaloneGSM was
requested because the former string contains the latter.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan