[Ncep.list.nems.announce] problems after Theia upgrade

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 4 16:33:14 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Just so you're aware, there are three known problems after the Theia
upgrade.

1. The NEMSfv3gfs no longer runs.  It always fails with this message:

FATAL from PE    53: mpp_domains_define.inc(define_contact_point): nsend2
does not equal to nsend

That has been independently verified from three accounts and can be
reliably reproduced in emc.nemspara.

2. The semilagrangian GFS hour 0 3D files (sigio or nemsio) no longer match
the baseline, but the later files do match.

3. Transfers from Theia front-ends to the dmz gateway no longer work (they
hang).  This is likely unrelated to Theia's upgrade.  There was a major
network failure yesterday that affected NCEP networks and we have not fully
recovered from that.  Regardless, it means the nightly regression test
webpage will not have Theia results on it until that is fixed.  If the
dmzgw is permanently broken, I'll set up a two step rsync from WCOSS, but
let's hope that won't be necessary.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan