[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Upcoming commit

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 13 22:15:40 UTC 2017

NEMS developers,

Next Tuesday, I'm going to commit a change to NEMS, NEMSGSM, WAM-IPE,
NMMBTestBed, and the NEMS "uncapped" branch.  This change is low-impact; it
resolves some issues and adds requested features.  I'll do the commit
Tuesday.

1. NEMS build and test scripts now load the "module" command and purge
modules.  This is done via new NEMS/src/conf/module-setup.sh and
NEMS/src/conf/module-setup.csh scripts.

2. Regression test input and output data is in new directories, one
directory per application.  Example:

/scratch4/NCEPDEV/nems/noscrub/emc.nemspara/RT/NEMSGSM/trunk-2017011116/data/
/scratch4/NCEPDEV/nems/noscrub/emc.nemspara/RT/NEMSGSM/trunk-2017011116/template/

That is the directory for the NEMSGSM application trunk on date
2017011116.  The "data" directory corresponds to the old "REGRESSION_TEST"
directory, while "template" corresponds to "REGRESSION_TEST_baseline"

3. The OldCompsetRun is moved up to the application level since nearly
everything inside of it is versioned with the application.

4. The OldCompsetRun and oldcompsets are deleted from the NEMSGSM app.
This is to avoid confusion; the old compsets don't work for that app.
(Request to delete came from Jun Wang.)