[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Upcoming NEMS/NEMSLegacy Trunk Commit - Ticket 168

Fei Liu fei.liu at gmail.com
Thu May 19 14:16:13 UTC 2016

Hi All,
   There is an upcoming commits to the NEMS trunk involving ticket 168:
Enable NEMS to start with a start time at certain minutes and seconds. Set
up regional hycom build and run.

 The script tests/exglobal_fcst_nems.sh does not translate the minute and
 second in CDATE setting from NEMS compset files. In regional hurricane
 applications, we need finer control when the model start time should
 be. I have added additional capability to enable finer control of NEMS
start
 time.

 Additional changes are made in NEMSAppBuilder and NEMSCompsetRun.
These changes set up regional dataset for HEP20 testcase on theia and
yellowstone.

NEMSCompsetRun now builds hycom differently depending on if an application
uses hycom
 as a regional model. By default, hycom will be built with global settings.

Jun will announce when these changes will be merged into the trunk.

 Thank you,

Fei