[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Identifying code managers of apps

Samuel Trahan - NOAA Affiliate samuel.trahan at noaa.gov
Thu Dec 8 22:12:48 UTC 2016

Hello all,

We've made progress on identifying code managers and old apps.  Below is a
list of actions I have taken, or will soon take, with approximate dates.
Also, the "apps/obsolete" directory is now "apps/unsupported" to clarify
its purpose.

Full information is in this living document which requires a NOAA Google
account to access:

https://docs.google.com/a/noaa.gov/spreadsheets/d/17OFFtmPyhSgBAAiTOqCPjBEPSXSWxcglMc5zc3sohXY/edit?usp=sharing

Actions I have taken or will soon take:

COMPLETED:

HYCOM-Ice is renamed to HYCOM-GSM-CICE

SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 12:

Coupled-FIM move to apps/unsupported/ directory

WAM move to apps/unsupported/ directory.  WAM work will happen in NEMSGSM
after NEMSLegacy is retired and NEMSLegacy until then.

SCHEDULED FOR LATE JANUARY:

NEMSLegacy retired.  It will remain in the nems/apps level for a few months
longer so that any externals pointing to it without a revision number will
not have to be updated.  If you use a revision number when pointing to
NEMSLegacy, then you will not be impacted by its move.

Sincerely,
Sam Trahan