[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Upcoming commits

Gerhard Theurich theurich at sourcespring.net
Tue May 6 07:23:20 UTC 2014

Hi,

I went back and forth on it, but finally decided to go ahead and commit
the announced changes to the NEMS trunk, pointing the src/atmos/gsm
subdirectory to a specific revision of the GSM branch that Kate is going
to merge from tomorrow. Initially I had hoped to just point to the final
GSM trunk revision, but then Ratko pointed out to me that Zeus is going
to be down tomorrow (and I only have access to Zeus). Further, I am
going to be out on Wednesday, and so this commit would again have to be
delayed.

Anyway, the latest changes for the two-way coupled system (GSM-MED-MOM5)
are in. Most of them are protected by the WITH_NUOPC macro, and won't
affect code outside of the NUOPC mode. The resulting trunk revision is
40170.

I am planning to change the src/atmos/gsm link in a follow-on commit
once the new GSM trunk revision is available. This should happen before
any commit comes in that also needs to change GSM, but its not critical
for commits that do not touch the GSM repo.

-Gerhard

On 05/05/2014 02:13 PM, Gerhard Theurich wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I just now realized that Kate's announcement for the GSM commit says
> that she will do it tomorrow between 1-2pm ET. Since the NEMS changes
> that I have ready to commit depend on GSM being up-to-date, I will have
> to wait with them until after the GSM trunk merge is complete. My plan
> is to commit the modifications announced below right after I see Kate's
> GSM trunk commit tomorrow.
>
> -Gerhard
>
> On 05/05/2014 07:59 AM, Gerhard Theurich wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> This is a head's up that I am planning to make a commit to the NEMS
>> trunk today. I am following Weiyu's commit from last Thursday since
>> there was some delay with Tom's commit, and he gave me the go-ahead.
>>
>> At the moment I am waiting for the associated GSM trunk commit to be
>> made by Kate. The NEMS trunk commit will be pointing to the most recent
>> GSM trunk revision once it is available.
>>
>> The NEMS+GSM changes that my commit is bring onto the trunk are related
>> to the two-way coupled system between GSM and MOM5 under the WITH_NUOPC
>> mode.
>>
>> As for regular NEMS runs, i.e. outside of NUOPC mode, I ran the "full
>> test" regression tests under my merged version on Zeus out of
>> /home/Gerhard.Theurich/NEMS.trunk. The results were found 100% clean.
>> The code is there for review if anybody is interested. It is also
>> available for review under SVN: nems/branches/NUOPC/mergeworx.
>>
>> -Gerhard
>>
>> On 04/30/2014 08:44 AM, Tom Black wrote:
>>> We have the commit order all ironed out now for those who have gotten in
>>> line.  Here it is:
>>>
>>> Weiyu
>>> Tom
>>> Gerhard
>>> Xingren
>>>
>>> Weiyu needs to run the regtests once more and hopes to commit by Friday.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>> Ncep.list.nems.announce mailing list
>>> Ncep.list.nems.announce at lstsrv.ncep.noaa.gov