[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Merging NUOPC two-way coupling work onto the GSM and NEMS trunk.

Gerhard Theurich theurich at sourcespring.net
Tue Apr 29 15:57:25 UTC 2014

Hi all,

This is a heads-up on some pending commits to the GSM and NEMS trunks!

I have a set of changes ready to be brought on the GSM and NEMS trunks.
The modifications bring all of the changes to the trunk for the current
status of the two-way coupled system GSM-MOM5.

There are changes that affect both sides, and so this merge needs to
happen in a coordinated fashion. The modifications can be viewed in
these to branches:

NEMS:
https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/nems/branches/NUOPC/mergeworx

GSM:
https://svnemc.ncep.noaa.gov/projects/gsm/branches/NUOPC/mergeworx

In both cases the head of the trunk has already been merged into the
branch, and I have run regression tests on that merged version.

The next thing I have done is to get me a fresh trunk sandbox, and I
have merged in the branch into that sandbox. I am currently running
another set of regression tests out of that sandbox, but with the NEMS
allocation being in windfall again, it will take a while.... and that is
why I am sending this email.... once the final testing has completed, I
will open a ticket for GSM and ask Kate to merge the above mentioned GSM
branch on to the GSM trunk. Right after that happens I need to commit
the associated NEMS changes. Since testing is taking a while, I want to
make sure I get through all this before other commits are made either to
the GSM or the NEMS trunk.

Thanks,
-Gerhard