[Ncep.list.nems.announce] Planned nems commit: work-around for problem with ESMF 5.2.0r-series

Gerhard Theurich theurich at sourcespring.net
Fri Oct 18 20:39:19 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I have a NEMS trunk commit ready in my sandbox on
Zeus:/home/Gerhard.Theurich/NEMS.trunk32258-fix. Please review and let
me know if there are any concerns - otherwise I plan to commit this
small change on Monday afternoon.

This commit takes care of an issue in NMMB code when using the ESMF
5.2.0r-series. Dusan flagged the issue and I proposed a work-around that
I would like to commit now. The issue boils down to an incorrect
intent() specification on one of the dummy arguments in
ESMF_AttributeGet(). This issue has since been fixed in the more recent
6-series ESMF, but we need the proposed work-around for the
5.2.0r-series releases.

The single modified file is:

src/atmos/nmm/module_DOMAIN_GRID_COMP.F90

I ran the default regression test suite on Zeus and all is clean.
Results are in the sandbox referenced above.

Thanks,
-Gerhard