[Ncep.list.nems.announce] GSM svn branch cleanup - IMPORTANT

Kate Howard - NOAA Federal kate.howard at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 25 16:14:21 UTC 2013

Good day folks,

In an effort to keep GSM branches up-to-date and organized this is a
friendly reminder to remove old/unneeded branches or update them. For those
of you with GSM branches, especially those older than a month, if you could
please take a moment to look at whatever branches you may have and consider
the following:

1) If changes have been committed to the GSM trunk already please delete
the branch. Any future changes should be done in fresh branches.
2) If changes have not been committed to the GSM trunk but will be someday,
make sure your branch has been synced with the GSM trunk recently. If you
need any help syncing with the trunk please feel free to ask me.
3) If changes have not been committed to the GSM trunk and never will be,
please delete the branch.

BRANCHES OLDER THAN 6 MONTHS:

If your branch is older than 6 months or has not been updated in the past
couple months please plan to delete it. Any uncommitted changes in the
branch should be moved into a fresh branch off of the GSM trunk.

After the Thanksgiving holiday I will be looking to remove the following
oldest branches:

- gsmwithwam
- weiyu/update_for_ESMF6
- stoch_physics
- gsm4nems

If you feel your older branch is still needed please let me know. I will
send out an email again prior to deleting these branches at the end of next
week (Friday December 6th).

Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving holiday! :-)

Kate Howard
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC GCWMB
Global Forecast System (GFS) POC
NCWCP 301-683-3714