[Ncep.list.idp.mrms.users] MRMS -- failover to Boulder effective immediately: 20170727 @ 2030Z

Gregory Grosshans gregory.grosshans at noaa.gov
Wed Jul 26 21:58:47 UTC 2017

Derek,

SPC forecasters are glad MRMS was switched to Boulder to resolve the
missing tile issues of the "imagery" (i.e. spcnids) products.

I know yesterday someone from the IDP, indicated a preference to leave the
operational MRMS at College Park to facilitate in troubleshooting.  This
afternoon I mentioned this to SPC forecasters and they were wondering if
this needs to be done then during NON-business hours could MRMS be switched
to Boulder since IDP staff would not be actively troubleshooting MRMS?
That is, why not have complete products during non-business hours when IDP
isn't actively troubleshooting.

Thanks for considering this type of approach.
Gregg

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Derek VanPelt - NOAA Affiliate <
derek.vanpelt at noaa.gov> wrote:

> MRMS users,
>
> We will be failing over to our Boulder site at 2030Z today.   We will also
> turn on and off the LDM feed from the College Park instance approximately
> 30 minutes after the DNS change goes through to aid all customers in moving
> to the Boulder instance of MRMS.
>
> Please let us know if you experience problems beyond 2100Z.
>
> We apologize for the data outages and gaps,
>
> Derek
>
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Derek VanPelt - NOAA Affiliate <
> derek.vanpelt at noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> MRMS customers,
>>
>> MRMS is currently experiencing problems, and we are investigating.
>>
>> Currently MRMS CPRK is not creating every product, and some of the CONUS
>> imagery is missing the individual tiles (particularly the North East United
>> States).
>>
>> We are actively troubleshooting and will update as we know more.   If the
>> outage continues throughout the afternoon, we will likely move to the
>> Boulder instance of MRMS.
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Derek
>>
>> --
>> Derek Van Pelt
>> IDP Onboarding
>> NOAA/NCEP/NCO
>>

> --
> Derek Van Pelt
> IDP Onboarding
> NOAA/NCEP/NCO

seems to be generating increasing inefficiencies in organizations.  I
recently learned from a manager a Stanford Computer Science professor no
longer uses email for communication, but uses SNAIL mail, telephone calls,
and person to person visits.  I'm considering the same.  405-325-2462*

*Storm Prediction Center*

*120 David L. Boren Blvd, Suite 2330Norman, OK 73072*