[Ncep.list.grouptravel] High Threat Security Overseas Seminar (HTSOS) Update

Genene Fisher - NOAA Federal genene.fisher at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 5 15:41:43 UTC 2019

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ethan Jessup - NOAA Federal <ethan.jessup at noaa.gov>
Date: Tue, Feb 5, 2019 at 9:58 AM
Subject: HTSOS Update
To: _NWS Foreign Travel Contacts <nws.foreigntravelcontacts at noaa.gov>, _NWS
XOs <nws.xos at noaa.gov>

Good Morning All,
  As we have been reminding everyone over the past couple of years, 2019 is
the first year where the High Threat Security Overseas Seminar
(HTSOS/HT401) will be required for all foreign travel.  In the past it had
only been for a select number of countries.  If you have not had any
potential travelers sign up for this training yet, I would recommend
getting them registered as soon as possible as there is likely to be a
backlog due to both the shutdown, and this being the first year where it is
required for all foreign travel.

  Below is the link to the Department of State website that will lead you
through how to enroll. The good news is that now you can pay for this
training through the pay.gov website, which allows for easy registration.
The course costs $125, is completely virtual, and you are given 90 days to
complete 5 hours of training.  If you have any questions regarding this
training, please let me know.

https://www.state.gov/m/fsi/tc/securityawareness/ht401/index.htm

--
Ethan Jessup