[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] Update: global-workflow/FV3GFS on Hera - cycling is ready!

Kate Friedman - NOAA Federal Kate.Friedman at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 25 17:15:24 UTC 2019

All,

The global-workflow port2hera branch is now ready for cycled experiments on
Hera. Please see the prior email (below) for details about running on Hera.

*Management has asked that users refrain from running high resolution
experiments on Hera due to resource availability. Therefore, please do not
run C768 or higher on Hera unless your supervisor asks you to.* As with
Theia the recommended resolutions are C384 and lower. I have gotten nice
throughput when running C192C96.

There will be some final changes committed to the port2hera branch as it
goes through pre-commit testing on all supported platforms. Any bugs
discovered during his process will be addressed and noted in the
global-workflow Redmine issue for this port. If you plan to run the FV3GFS
on Hera I urge you to become a watcher on the issue to keep up-to-date on
final changes that may impact your run. You can do that on the issue page
by clicking the "Watch" text on the top right with the star next to it:

https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/redmine/issues/67188

Please let me know if you have any issues or questions with running the
global-workflow port2hera branch on Hera. Additional announcements will be
sent as the port2hera branch is merged back to the develop branch next
month. Look for announcements about GFSv15.2 before that.

Thanks everyone! Have good weekends! :)

Kate Friedman
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/EMC Engineering and Implementation Branch