[Ncep.list.fv3-announce] NEMSfv3gfs and FV3 git repository updates 20180305
Jun Wang - NOAA Federal
jun.wang at noaa.gov
Mon Mar 5 17:51:28 UTC 2018
Following changes were committed to the NEMSfv3gfs and FV3 repository:
Task 44997: Advanced physics update to fv3gfs
Updates include significant changes to the physics and radiation drivers:
1. improved and updated version of Chikira-Sugiyama convection with
Arakawa-Wu (CSAW) extension
2. improved version Simplified Higher Order Closure (SHOC) option that can
replace the standard PBL and Shallow Convection.
3. an improved version of MG2 microphysics.
4. the physics driver code is modified so that with GFDL MP, the cloud
fraction is not vertically diffused
5. in the radiation driver, for GFDL MP, there is an option to call the
progclduni (same routine that is also called when SHOC or MG is used) which
uses cloud water, ice+grapuel, snow and rain directly, with option to use
effective radius if supplied.
New IC was generated with consistent soil/veg types to current model
configuration. Three new tests fv3_csawmgshoc, fv3_rasmgshoc and fv3_csawmg
were added to the regression test suite. New baseline was created on all
the supported platforms, and regression test passed. Besides that, the
model was also tested at C96L127 for Thompson+CSAW and WSM6+CSAW, and
SHOC+CSAW+MG2 successfully ran to 10 days at C768L127.
If you have any question, please contact Shrinivas Moorthi.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Ncep.list.fv3-announce