[Ncep.list.emc.nmmb-questions-and-answers] t2m, rh2m, u10m, ... at t=0

Pau pescribaa at aemet.es
Fri Apr 20 08:26:31 UTC 2018

Hello all,

I am a new user of NMMB model. I work at the Spanish Met Agency with
several NWP-LAM models. We are running daily NMMB at home and we see
that, after UPP processing, we don't get some surface parameters like
t2m, rh2m, u10m, v10m or visibility, at t=0, but we do for any lead time
t>0. After dedicating some time to look to UPP and NMMB user's guides
and namelists, I am quite sure this variables cannot be got in an easy
manner for t=0. Could anybody confirm me this? In such a case, we have
to do some further final work with vertical interpolations and so.

Thanks in advance!

Pau Escriba

Spanish Met Agency (AEMET)