[Ncep.list.emc.monsoondesk] GEFS T574-SL at IITM

Richard Wobus richard.wobus at noaa.gov
Tue Apr 5 19:52:33 UTC 2016

Renu,

1.  We don't have an up-to-date flow diagram for the GEFS
with ENKF initialization.  We'll send you one when we have
updated it.

2.  If you do not have ENKF files from the previous cycle,
then you have to use the backup perturbation files in the
"fix" subdirectory.  To generate actual ENKF files, you
need to run the data assimilation.  Otherwise you would
have to use previous perturbations from the GEFS, but in
that case you're better off running the old initialization
(ETR) which is designed to use those files.

I"m copying Xiaqiong (Kate) Zhou who is more familiar with
details of the ENKF initialization.

Dick