[Ncep.list.emc.monsoondesk] Update on GFS at IMD

Vairamuthu R Durai durai.imd at gmail.com
Tue May 6 07:17:16 UTC 2014

Dear Dr.Bhattacharjee

Here I have attached 2 reports of GFS model performance on PHAILIN CYCLONE
and another during monsoon 2013 periods as pdf files.

Note: *The first Report *

Performance of Global Forecast System for the Prediction of Intensity and
Track of Very Severe Cyclonic Storm ‘PHAILIN’ over North Indian Ocean ‘
Presented in the SAARC Seminar on “High Impact weather events over the
SAARC Region “ during 2-4 December, 2013 at New Delhi, India has been
accepted by the scientific committee for publication in a book volume,
published by Springer.

*Second Report*

Performance of GFS and WRF models for short range and medium range weather
forecasts during Monsoon 2013 has been published as a Report by IMD.

Thanks,

With Regards,

V. R.DURAI.