[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] CWD has been extended

Christine Caruso.Magee - NOAA Federal chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov
Fri Sep 7 21:18:06 UTC 2018

Hi All,

  I know that in the RFC memo emails for the local Centers and NHC, I
mentioned CWD possibly being extended.  The SDM just sent out a message at
4:52 pm EDT today doing just that.  It was supposed to end at 1200Z on
Tuesday Sep. 11 but has now been extended to 0000Z Friday September 14
(8:00 pm EDT Thursday September 13) due to two tropical systems:  1)
Tropical Cyclone Mangkhut which is expected to impact Guam and the Northern
Marianas Islands, and 2) HRCN Olivia which is forecast to affect Hawaii.

  It's highly likely that all of NCO's approved changes may be postponed
until after CWD ends.  I sent the NCO RFC memo out anyway so recipients may
see what's been approved for implementation, but you should expect that
most if not all of the NCO changes will be postponed.  I'll update next
week once I know more.  And then there's HRCN Florence that may be next...

chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov