[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] NCWCP Core Router work starting

NOAA SDM sdm at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 27 10:08:37 UTC 2017

We are about to begin work on the College Park routers in the data center
here.  The main outage will happen between 6:15 am and 7:20 am Eastern
Time.  During the outage, the email servers and listserv servers will be
powered down to avoid issues, so email will be difficult to get out during
the main outage.

Our first step is to bring the new router into service as the primary
router so that we can power down the router that needs to be upgraded
today, so we will have a go/no go decision by 8:15 am EST.  If the new
router is working properly, we will move forward and if not, we will bring
the old router back online.  If we move forward, we will not be able to
back-out the changes, so at 8:15 am, we hit the point of no return.

We will begin bringing up servers as soon as the new router is in place an
verified.  We will also be sending out communications at multiple points
during the upgrade.

This will be the final e-mail communication until the email servers are
back up and online.  If you have any questions, please call the SDM at
301-683-1500 <%28301%29%20683-1500>.

We will also be sending out status messages that can be read via this link.

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/view/.old/validProds.php?prod=ADM&node=KWNO

--
Senior Duty Meteorologist
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/NCO/OMB