[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] Fwd: [Ncep.list.wcoss-announce] Update: ECMWF Upgrade March 8, 2016

Christine Caruso.Magee - NOAA Federal chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 2 21:12:10 UTC 2016

FYI...

chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Carissa Klemmer - NOAA Federal <carissa.l.klemmer at noaa.gov>
Date: Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:06 PM
Subject: [Ncep.list.wcoss-announce] Update: ECMWF Upgrade March 8, 2016
To: "NCEP.List.WCOSS-Announce" <ncep.list.wcoss-announce at noaa.gov>

The latest word from ECMWF is the following:

This is a final reminder that ECMWF's IFS will be upgraded to cycle 41r2
on Tuesday 8 March 2016.
The first operational run using the new cycle will be the 06 UTC
analysis and forecast in the Boundary Conditions Optional Programme on
8 March followed by the 12 UTC main assimilation and forecast.

NCO will be making the previously proposed changes to the naming and output
directory structure. Anything running in production today will be handled
by the SPA team and have already been tested. The NCO changes below will
begin with the 12z cycle on March 8, 2016.

1. Directory changes -
We will be moving the ecmwf jobs to phase2 and all output data will move
from /com -> /com2. All input data will still remain in /dcom.

2. File name changes -
The input file names will change in /dcom to remove all prefixed "ecens_"
from every file. Again, the output file names that come out of the jobs (IE
gemapk) will not be changing.

Please let Steven or I know if you have any questions.

Carissa Klemmer
NCEP Central Operations
Dataflow Team Lead