[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] [Ncep.list.nhc-rfcmemo] reminder - RFCs and version numbers

Michelle Mainelli - NOAA Federal michelle.m.mainelli at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 23 20:21:14 UTC 2015

Ben,

Yes .. we did.

As mentioned in the CCB Meeting yesterday... the agreement was to implement
version numbers on code around six months after the CCB process started.
This would put the requirement for versioning to begin no earlier than
March 31, 2015.

Would CPC/OPC/WPC be good with this target date?

Thank you,
Michelle

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 7:41 AM, Ben Kyger - NOAA Federal <
ben.kyger at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> I thought we agreed that the first step was for CPC/WPC/OPC to define the
> boundaries around their software as a first step.  That always seems to be
> the hard part.  I thought the centers committed to doing that by some
> future date a few months ago.  I don't think they were supposed to be done
> by now, but maybe I've forgotten..
>
> Ben
>
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Christine Caruso.Magee - NOAA Federal <
> chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>   Back on Dec. 4, I sent you all the documentation on the Version
>> Numbering Scheme.   A quick review of the completed RFCs shows too many
>> RFCs missing version numbers.  Please include version numbers in all RFCs,
>> and keep in mind that multiple version numbers may be entered into the RFC
>> form.  RFCs missing version numbers will be returned.
>>
>> Thanks so much,
>> Chris
>>
>> Christine Caruso Magee
>> NWS/NCEP/NCO Configuration Manager
>> 301-683-3905
>> chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov

Deputy Director, NCEP Central Operations