[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] reminder - RFCs and version numbers

Mark Klein - NOAA Federal mark.klein at noaa.gov
Fri Jan 23 13:28:02 UTC 2015

Chris,

A couple of questions...and forgive me if this has already been answered.

   1. Does the version numbering scheme have to conform to what's in the
   document?  "major.minor.maintenance" (e.g. 9.1.1)
   2. Some of our changes don't involve software.  It may be a text file or
   many text files we are altering.  Do situations like this require a version
   number, given that it's not a piece of software.  Same question goes for
   web pages.

Thanks,

Mark

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Christine Caruso.Magee - NOAA Federal <
chris.caruso.magee at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   Back on Dec. 4, I sent you all the documentation on the Version
> Numbering Scheme.   A quick review of the completed RFCs shows too many
> RFCs missing version numbers.  Please include version numbers in all RFCs,
> and keep in mind that multiple version numbers may be entered into the RFC
> form.  RFCs missing version numbers will be returned.
>
> Thanks so much,
> Chris
>
> Christine Caruso Magee
> NWS/NCEP/NCO Configuration Manager