[Ncep.list.cpcopcwpc-rfcmemo] change in plans

Scott Jacobs - NOAA Federal scott.jacobs at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 12 20:29:03 UTC 2015

Ben,

Thanks for the information about the power outage.

Getting back to the issue with the WPC/OPC/CPC/NHC CCB meeting held
today...  I am glad the WPC could participate today. Mark was able to get
on the phone call after helping with the minor outage in the WPC operations
area, and was able to talk about our upcoming changes.

I believe I was out last summer when the Centers' meeting was established.
In my new (temporary) role in the WPC, I would like to understand the
ground rules for the process and how it differs from the NCO process. The
only Configuration Management Plan I found on the CM Site is for the NCO.
It does not have any specifics about the requirements and procedures for
the Centers to follow when submitting RFCs and for the CCB meeting. The
only documentation I found that does reference the Centers is the checklist
for an accelerated RFC.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Jacobs
Development and Training Branch Chief, Acting
NOAA/NWS/NCEP/Weather Prediction Center
301-683-1331 << New phone number